Thursday 1 January 2015

Summer Field

Hey guys! Chose to do something a bit different for me today. I was looking for summery pictures and found on of some pretty flowers in a field, and since I have never tried to recreate a scene like this, I figured I would give it a go! 


More after the break!
I really love how these came out! This is definitely one of those times where as I was starting I had no idea whether they would look alright, but after many layers of polish, of many different colours they came together really nicely! I have now taken a bunch of photos, so here they are!












My Inspiration
Unfortunately I didn't take photos of these as I was going, but I figured I would give you a little bit of an idea of how I did these. 
- I started off by painting my whole nail a light blue. Next I added the dark blue line across the middle (the mountain region). 
- I then mixed a couple of different blue with acetone and used a wider brush to create the sky effect. I also added some white in for the clouds and then went over in some of the blues to make everything work together.
- Next I painted the region below the dark blue line a mid range green colour. I then went over with a very fine brush and a lighter green to create blades of grass. I then used a darker green and the same technique to create darker blades of grass.
- I then grabbed a very light purple and with the same thin brush made little patches of purple where the flowers were going. I went over this in a brighter pink and then again with a darker pink to create shadow and interest. 
- I used some yellow to add to the centres of the flowers to finish everything off!

The polishes I used for this are:
China Glaze Kinetic Candy
China Glaze Flyin' High
China Glaze Man Hunt
Jessica Sharktooth
China Glaze Gaga For Green
China Glaze Def Defying
China Glaze Starboard
China Glaze Light as Air
OPI Don't Know...Beets Me
China Glaze Merry Berry
China Glaze Something Sweet
China Glaze Happy Go Lucky

How did you guys like this style of letting you know how I did the nails? I am going to aim to take more photos as I do my nails this year! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment