Wednesday 27 August 2014

Sailing Boat Nails

Hey guys! How is everyone?? So there is this place near me that is pretty much trampolining land (SkyZone anyone?) and is probably the coolest/funnest thing ever! Especially when you like jumping around like a 5 year old... Though, let me warn you, you definitely get a LOT sorer that when you were 5. I have been practising and practising and I can finally do a front flip! It is pretty exciting (though I am kind of a wimp, and only land it every now and then).

Anyway, about my nails (that incidently, have nothing to do with trampolines... Note to self: do trampoline nails (how?!)). Today I have nails with boats of them. Have a look!





Inspiration behind these: I asked my friend what I should do next, she said boats, so I drew lots of boats. Now you may notice that they are technically yachts (which I would say definitely come under the category of boats), but this is mainly due to the fact that I draw like a 5 year old and thats how I drew boats as a 5 year old... 

It was also requested that I take more progress photos. Unfortunately it was pouring down with rain yesterday when I painted my nails, and really cloudy when it wasn't raining so going outside to take photos was not high on my priority list... I did take one progress shot which kind of illustrates most of the steps, but I have also made a step-by-step tutorial with drawings that I hope with suffice. Let me know what you think? Or whether I you prefer photos over illustrations.

Anyway, thats enough jibber jabber (yes.. I just said that...). Here are a bunch of photos!







Progress Shot



Tutorial

Polishes I used:
China Glaze Stree Chic
Jessica Sharktooth
China Glaze Salsa
China Glaze Happy Go Lucky
China Glaze Flyin' High
China Glaze For Audrey

Thanks guys, I will see you next week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment